Monday, August 13, 2012

Adorable School Lunches

Its back to school time!  And with that comes new school clothes, new school supplies, practices, sporting events, band lessons...and school lunches.  Thinking up and making school lunches can seem like a daunting task each and every morning, but it doesn't have to be!  Now, I know what your all thinking..."how would I know anything about having to make school lunches when I don't have any kids of my own?"  Well, I don't actually have any kids that I need to pack a lunch for quite yet in my life, but I do have an incredible boyfriend that, at times, can seem quite similar to having a child of my own. 

So, how do I keep packed lunches interesting?  Well, my boyfriend, Tyler, isn't competing with anyone for the most creative packed lunch at work.  All he asks for every week is a salad for lunch.  But, just because all he asks for is a salad, doesn't mean that can't be jazzed up a little!  I try to make each salad a little bit different with a little different flavors.  Adding a different fresh herb to the top of each salad gives it a unique flavor.  Changing up the protein each day can be a great way to make it different.  What about putting some tuna in on one day, chickpeas in on another day, some cheese and nuts on the third day, left over thinly sliced steak, and on the last day, maybe a hard-boiled egg.

I know, I know, what ten-year-old is going to ask for a salad every day for lunch?  Not many.  But even without much direction in what you child would like to eat for lunch, you can still make it interesting!  Don't give your son or daughter the same old peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white.  Jazz it up a bit!

Some creative Mom's are even turning their children's lunchbox into adorable art.  Check out these colorful and tasty lunchboxes that some creative Mom's put together for their kids:


Wallace and an all-cheese Gromit

Angry Sandwiches

Doc Says To Eat Those Veggies!




Mater From Cars


Jiminy Cricket And Pinocchio


The Wicked Witch Of The West


Frankenlunch


Snoopy And Woodstock


Spongebob Square Sandwich


Now, not everyone can be quite this creative and have the time to prepare these fun, creative lunches in the morning.  But, it is not too difficult to prepare healthy, original lunches every morning for your kids.  Making sure they have something different and nutritious every day is the most important thing.  Have fun with those lunches this school year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment